clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Villarreal-Real Sociedad GAMETHREAD and HOW TO WATCH

New, comments

How to watch: In the US, the match is being shown on BeInSport’s Spanish channel.

The Lineups:

Villarreal: Asenjo; Mario, Alavaro, Funes Mori, Pedraza; Caceres, Morlanes, Cazorla; Fornals; Gerard and Toko Ekambi. I have no idea what our formation will be, so am taking a guess as to how it will look.

Our bench is: Andrés; Ruiz, Llambrich, Layún, Trigueros, Raba, Bacca.

So that leaves out Sansone and Unal as the healthy (or not suspended) outfield players who didn’t make it this time.

Real Sociedad: Rulli; Zaldúa, D.Llorente, Héctor Moreno, Theo Hernandez; Pardo, Mikel Merino, Illarramendi, Zubeldia ; Oyarzabal ; Willian José.

Injury news: Javi Fuego had an “arthroscopic intervention” in his right knee today; he will be out at least four weeks. Jaume Costa is also going to be out of action today; interestingly, he announced that on twitter! Says it’s nothing serious—a slight muscle strain in his left leg.

Five Thirty Eight tracker: 538 is Nate Silver’s website that does all sorts of statistical analysis and modeling. He is showing Villarreal with a 43% chance of winning, La Real 32%, 25% chance of a draw. So, Villarreal a slight favorite.