Another La Liga season is upon us, and it’s time to sharpen our wits and compete in another exciting Villarreal USA prediction contest.
We’ll have Villarreal USA scarves for the winners, and either some gift certificates to the club shop, or some merchandise, maybe a shirt or two—depends on what I can wangle. Anyway, it will DEFINITELY be a contest worth winning, yes indeed.....
As in past years, there are a bunch of questions, and the judging (awarding of points) will be done by me at the end of the year.
If you do not want to post your guesses for everyone to see (or, if you are reading this on Facebook rather than on the site) but you want to play, you can email your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All right? Off we go...
(1) Where will Villarreal finish this season, and how many points will we achieve?
(2) Who will win La Liga?
(3) What will be the order of the top six finishers?
(4) Which teams will be relegated?
(5) What Villarreal player (12 league appearances or more) will have the highest rating on Whoscored?
(6) Who will score more goals: Bakambu, Bacca, or Unal?
(7) How many goals will Villarreal score this season?
(8) Will Escriba be coach at the end of the season?
(9) Who will lead Villarreal in yellow cards?
(10) How far will we get in the Europa League?
(11) How far will we get in the Copa del Rey?
(12) Which team will finish highest in its division: Villarreal B, or Villarreal C?
(13) Who will lead Villarreal in minutes played this season (not including goalkeepers)?
(14) Who will be our leading scorer, and how many goals will he have?
Good luck to all! Deadline for entering is Sunday, August 20, 11:45PM Pacific Time....before our first match.