clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Alexandre Pato coming to Villarreal; Corinthians have officially confirmed the agreement

New, comments

Villarreal has resurrected a few careers, and Alexandre Pato must be hoping his will be another

Pato in action for Chelsea
Getty Images

Radio Vila-real has confirmed what was reported earlier today, that Alexandre Pato is expected to join Villarreal in the next couple of days. His current club, Corinthians, have just officially confirmed the deal is done.

The official press release doesn’t give the amounts, as is typical, but it’s understood Villarreal are paying €3m for 60% of Pato’s rights, the player himself holding the other 40%. Pato will sign a four-year deal with Villarreal.

If he can return to the form he showed with Milan prior to a series of injuries, this has to be a great piece of business!