My comments on the Levski Sofia match (from listening to the Valencian radio feed):
- The announcers were calling for Ariel Ibagaza the whole match. Seems like the team picked it up by a gear or two when he came in. H0pefully this marks the end of the Eguren/Bruno experiment; not enough creativity in central midfield when both are on the pitch. One of them and one of Marcos Senna/Ibagaza is the right balance.
- Ivan Marcano seemed to fit right in with Gonzalo. Good to have a viable third option at center back (and an occasional replacement for the indefatigable Joan Capdevila).
- Nilmar just adds that extra bit of class. The Villarreal of a few years ago wouldn't have won this game. but with him and Rossi, all it takes is one bit of magic. That's what we need to see on a consistent basis in the league too. It would be nice to play well the whole match and not need late heroics, but that's another matter.
- I love Jony Pereira, but he's not making the most of his chances. Would like to see a more consistent rotation of Rossi/Llorente/Nilmar, with Jony needing to prove himself as a late-game substitute (a la Jozy Altidore).
- When will Xavi Oliva see the pitch? Diego Lopez is fantastic, but he has committed his share of blunders in European competition (see Youtube: here and here, and pardon the music). In Salzburg (Europa League matchday 2) would be a good chance for a rest.
What am I wrong about? How will the squad look on Sunday? Game will be live on GolTV, so we will have full coverage. The B team travels to Huelva at the same hour; keep an eye out for feeds on Sunday morning.