Mallorca are supposedly resigned to the prospect of losing Ibagaza and the deal is expected to be completed this week. I'm quite happy with the signing, we now have one of the most creative midfield's in Spain. Indeed with such a wealth of talent competition for places is going to be huge next season. Let's take a quick look :
- Pires, 35, Still going strong and his experience will be vital. Will not play as many games as last season but still a key player.
- Santi, 24, He is going to be super confident following his Euro's, he showed his quality and I'm expecting big things next season.
- Cani, 27, Still has not produced his best for us but is still a ridiculously talented player who can split a defense like that.
- Mati, 22, Just waiting for him to explode, is currently injured but should still be back for the seasons beginning. I wont lie, he needs to produce this season.
- Flores, 21 Not sure if he will be around next season, in honesty he's more of a second striker but would still add even more creativity.
- Ibagaza, 32, Would probably take up a deeper role perhaps alongside Senna, undoubted class and brings a wealth of experience.
- Senna, 32, Arguably a candidate for best player at the Euro's Senna really showed his class in Austria and Switzerland. He is a guaranteed starter for next years campaign.
Ok, so that's the creative side done but we all no that every team needs it's battlers and workhorses, we are lucky in Villarreal that our more defensive minded players are able to pass the ball around aswell.
- Eguren, 27, Signing of the season for me last year. Gives 110% all the time and is a colossus in midfield. Gives the likes of Senna more freedom to push forward.
- Edmilson, 32, A utility player who was plagued with injuries at Barcelona, he will be hoping to recover the form that saw him win a World Cup in 02.
- Bruno, 24, Technically fantastic and a supremely confident individual he will definitely be in Pellegrini's plans.
So they are our midfield options. Who would you pick?